twelve-tone music: the corporate image is a sound, a tone. it rings out pinkish-brown, skyblue-grey and blueblack-darkgreen. the twelve-colour chord is an overture played on printed strings. it is followed by calm, grey and brown-red oceans of characters surrounding white islands. the images are lacking, left for the mind to compose.
the company works with disabled people. the idea of having customers illustrate their own annual report is fascinating. the group of artists “die schlumper” set up by the alsterdorf evangelical foundation helped us put this into practice. where the experiment has succeeded is in the portraits created for the report, where the artists respond to the contents. on other pages it becomes clear that art does not lend itself readily to other purposes. l’art, quite simply, is pour l’art.
evangelische stiftung alsterdorf
(project manager 2004)
(project manager 2002)
annual report 2002
• red dot award communication design 2003, red dot für hohe designqualität
• british design & art direction, award
• if design award 2002 communication design, silbermedaille
• german design prize 2002, nominated
• deutscher designer club (ddc), auszeichnung
annual report 2004
• deutscher designer club (ddc) »auszeichnung«
• adc, art directors club für deutschland, »auszeichnung«
• the chicago athenaeum, 2006 good design award
• berliner type in bronze